Partner Silvia Sandu is one of the foremost privacy and data protection experts in Bucharest, amply demonstrated by the experience detailed below.
- Advising a global financial institution on its analysis of the potential implications of using external data to assess the credit risk profile of customers.
- Advising a leading Romanian bank on its exploration of to using external data – such as digital footprint, google and other social media – to assess the credit risk profile of customers.
- Assisting one of the world’s leading e-commerce companies with the transfer of personal data (including also sensitive personal data) and submissions to the Romanian Data Protection Authority.
- Assisting the market leader in enterprise application software with the processing of personal data by its Romanian subsidiary.
- Advising one of the world’s oldest independent biotechnology companies on the processing of personal data related to clinical trials.
- Counselling a global R&D-driven pharmaceutical company on the processing of personal data by its Romanian subsidiary. Our far-reaching advice included review of an intra-group data transfer agreement and in-depth analysis to ensure compliance with local privacy laws.
- Assisting the Romanian subsidiary of one of the world’s largest consumer products companies with a range of data protection and privacy issues, including those related to recruitment.
- Advising an American agriculture company on revision of data processing and transfer agreements as well as sundry other issues such as: the centralization of human resource functions and the implementation of IT systems; the centralization of customer and supplier management functions; and compliance with certain local data protection laws.
- Advising a global healthcare company on a range of data protection matters including those related to clinical and non-interventional trial agreements with healthcare professionals and organisations.
- Advising a leading international energy company on the potential impact of domestic cloud computing data protection legislation.
Advising the Romanian affiliates of an international leader in medical and safety technology on data protection issues related to whistleblowing schemes.