Partner Ionut Bohalteanu is a registered member of the Romanian Chamber of Tax advisers – the foremost member institution for tax advisers in the country. A highly respected tax adviser, he is equally proficient providing standalone tax advice, or on the tax elements of a large transaction. Most of his clients are international and come to him for standalone tax advice, as evidenced in the work matters detailed here.
- Advising a global healthcare company on sundry tax matters including: drafting and amending, from a tax perspective, various agreements with healthcare professionals and healthcare organizations and assisting with reimbursement of clawback contributions.
- Advising a Liechtenstein-based trust on the Romanian tax regime regarding asset transfers from Liechtenstein and Switzerland-domiciled bank accounts and the application, in Romania, of the OECD Controlled Foreign Corporation rules.
- Advising one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies on the taxation of healthcare professionals subsequent to copyright agreements.
- The team provided analysis on the taxation of assignment of receivables for one of Romania’s leading producers of building materials subsequent to a share capital increase by cash contribution and debt-to-equity swap. We also advised our client on the inclusion of directors’ annual performance bonuses and share bonus schemes.
- Assisting a Romanian company active in the real estate field with tax matters related to share assignment.